IHDL GIRLS Winter League
As you may be aware, Indy Hoops Academy (IHA) is an independently owned and operated youth basketball program that trains and coaches over 50 teams at a variety of locations just North of Indianapolis. The company was founded and is run by myself, Matt Webster. I am a former Cathedral HS assistant coach and played professionally for several years. Three years ago, I expanded our IHA program to include two different winter basketball programs under the name of the Indy Hoops Development League (IHDL). The IHDL programs are for kids from CYO and Private schools to serve as a “pre-CYO/School” league (1st-3rd grade).
As we have just headed into our 5th season of IHDL Basketball, we continue to be very focused on fundamentals and skill development. The IHDL Winter Session I will wrap up at the end of December. Then, in January, we will start our IHDL Winter Session II. Last year for Winter Session II, we expanded the program to include an IHDL GIRLS program. The IHDL GIRLS program was met with much success and therefore, will be continued moving forward every Winter. We will only have a Winter session as the Cathedral coaches will continue to run their program during the Fall months and we are NOT trying to compete with what they have already started for the girls program. This program was started 7 years ago when I was at Cathedral for boys and with myself having two daughters I want to continue the growth of girls basketball during the Winter months. We hope to have the opportunity to work with you and your girls in this upcoming IHDL Winter Session II season. Please forward this info to anyone you feel may have interest in the program, and we encourage you to contact us with any additional questions.
IHDL GIRLS Youth League Program (grades 1-3)
- This program serves as a pre-CYO/private school basketball league. The IHDL professional coaches will run a 1-hour practice/training once a week at either the Best Choice Fieldhouse in Fishers or the Jewish Community Center for each team based on your team schedule and travel preference. The emphasis in this program will be skill development for the players. We believe that skill development will increase each player's confidence on the floor, thus increasing the enjoyment of playing.
- Each team will then play in a league constructed by IHDL made up of CYO/Private School teams of the same age group (1st graders play 1st graders...etc.). Games will be held at the Best Choice Fieldhouse in Fishers Sunday’s approximately between 1pm and 3pm.
Information needed for IHDL GIRLS teams interested in participation (please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this info):
- Team grade, school name and coach(es) names
- Preferred practice location (Best Choice Fieldhouse Fishers or Jewish Community Center)
- Practice restrictions/requests (ex: “can’t go on Mon” … or … “has to be 6pm or later”) … practice options will be Mon through Thur from 4pm-8pm (slots are 1 hour)
- Roster names (at least 7 players per team are required and we recommend a max of 9)
- Reminder that jerseys are NOT provided. We would be happy to supply vendor information if needed. We also would be happy to supply Indy Hoops Academy jerseys at a cost of $35 each.
Check Back in the Fall of 2021 for Updated IHDL League Info
Terms and Conditions:
In registering for our leagues, you understand and accept the following terms and conditions in regards to cancellations and refunds:
You can cancel your registration to play on a team in our league for an 80% refund or 100% account credit of amounts paid if your cancellation is made in writing within 2 days after the registration deadline date for the session to which you committed. If your cancellation is made in writing more than 2 days after the registration deadline date of the session to which you committed, then our “no refunds” policy applies to amounts already paid; and you understand that you are subject to billing for any remaining balances due (per your registration agreement) for the session to which you committed.
Refunds will not be provided for any reason for players that cancel or back-out of a session anytime more than 2 days after the registration deadline date. These participants will be permitted to continue to attend their team training sessions, practices and games for the remainder of the session to which they committed.