IHDL Winter League
Indy Hoops Academy (IHA) is an independently owned and operated youth basketball program that trains and coaches over 35 teams at a variety of locations just North of Indianapolis. The company was founded and is run by Matt Webster, a former Cathedral HS assistant coach and professional basketball player. Three years ago, Matt Webster worked in conjunction with Coach Andy Fagan (former Cathedral HS head coach) to transition the IHDL (Irish Hoops Development League) that Coach Fagan had started three years prior, over to Indy Hoops Academy under the name IHDL (Indy Hoops Development League). At that time, the program was expanded to include two different winter basketball programs under the name of the Indy Hoops Development League (IHDL). The IHDL programs are for kids from CYO/Private schools to either supplement their CYO/Private school season (4th-8th grade) or to serve as a “pre-CYO”/Private school league (1st-3rd grade).
As the IHDL heads into its 6th year, there will be further expansions to the program. The IHDL will now be run by Coach Matt Webster and Coach Tim Adams. Coach Adams is a former Cathedral HS and Marian University assistant and is the current Head Boys Basketball Coach and Assistant AD at Park Tudor. Coach Adams and Coach Webster worked together closely at Cathedral; and during his tenure at Cathedral, Coach Adams was a key part in the original foundation of the IHDL under Coach Fagan. The IHDL program will remain focused on fundamentals and skill development and will continue to function as supplemental/pre-CYO program but will now also expand to include some players/teams from select nondenominational private schools. The IHDL is excited to kick-off the upcoming session and encourages anyone with questions to please call 317-896-0800 or email us. Below, you will find descriptions of both winter programs AND LINKS TO REGISTER.
WINTER SESSION II: January 2nd - February 24th, 2019 (click here for the practice schedule)
Youth League Program (grades 1-3)
- This program serves as a pre-CYO/pre-private school basketball league. The IHDL professional coaches will run a 1-hour practice/training once a week at either the Best Choice Fieldhouse in Fishers or at Park Tudor for each team based on your team schedule and travel preference. The emphasis in this program will be skill development for the players. We believe that skill development will increase each player's confidence on the floor, thus increasing the enjoyment of playing.
- Each team will then play in a league constructed by IHDL made up of primarily pre-CYO/Private school teams of the same age group (1st graders play 1st graders...etc.). Games will be held at the Best Choice Fieldhouse in Fishers and at Park Tudor on Saturday mornings and will be coached by your pre-CYO/Private school coach. *no game admission fees in IHDL league
- Session runs from Jan 2nd – Feb 24th and includes: 7 training sessions, 7 league games, 1 tournament
- Per player price is $195 (pricing is all inclusive – no hidden fees – includes: practice/training, games and game admission fees for parents and all other spectators that choose to come watch the games)
- Registration deadline is December 18th
CYO/Private Supplemental Program (grades 4-8)
- This program is designed to supplement the CYO/Private school basketball season. Teams will train for 1 hour weekly with IHDL professional coaches/trainers. These weekly training sessions will focus solely on player skill development. Then, teams will also be registered to play in the Best Choice Fieldhouse league (level appropriate and coached by your CYO/Private school coach). This IHDL program designed for 4th – 8th grade CYO/Private school teams will increase the amount of skill development that each player is receiving and allow for competition against different opponents...enhancing the overall CYO/Private school experience and growth of each player. **IHDL will ensure there will be no conflict with CYO/Private school scheduled games.**
- Winter Session II runs from Jan 2nd - Feb. 24th and includes: 7 training sessions, 7 league games, 1 tournament
- Per player price is $195 (pricing includes: training and games/league registration fees … does not include game admission fees)
- Registration deadline is December 18th
REGISTRATION IS OPEN.
If you are seeing notification that registration is closed, it is recommended that you use Chrome, Safari or Microsoft Edge browsers when registering to avoid any discrepancies.
Terms and Conditions:
In registering for our leagues, you understand and accept the following terms and conditions in regards to cancellations and refunds:
You can cancel your registration to play on a team in our league for an 80% refund or 100% account credit of amounts paid if your cancellation is made in writing within 2 days after the registration deadline date for the session to which you committed. If your cancellation is made in writing more than 2 days after the registration deadline date of the session to which you committed, then our “no refunds” policy applies to amounts already paid; and you understand that you are subject to billing for any remaining balances due (per your registration agreement) for the session to which you committed.
Refunds will not be provided for any reason for players that cancel or back-out of a session anytime more than 2 days after the registration deadline date. These participants will be permitted to continue to attend their team training sessions, practices and games for the remainder of the session to which they committed.